It’s Christmas season once again, and that means attending parties left and right. Some of these gatherings are potluck parties wherein we’re required to bring a special dish to share with everyone. Aside from that, we also have our own parties to host at the office and at home. That means we need to be creative with the dishes we’re preparing. In addition, there’s a need for us to eat in a more health-conscious manner. Christmas is a great time to indulge, but that doesn’t mean we need to be remiss with our health.
We put together a list of healthy rice recipes you can enjoy with friends and family over Christmas dinner. You can also serve them at parties outside Christmas. We recommend using Kinmemai Japanese rice, which is healthier and easier to prepare than normal white or brown rice.
Shrimp Fried Rice
Ingredients: Kinmemai Better White Rice, egg whites, peeled and deveined shrimp,half of the ginger slices, red pepper flakes, matchstick-sized ginger slices, snow peas, carrots, garlic, dry sake, rice wine, slices of one small red onion, thin slices of the white and green parts of scallions, vegetable oil, and low-sodium soy sauce.
- First, prepare Kinmemai Better White, then set aside to cool.
- Next, marinate the shrimp, ginger, sake, vinegar and pepper flakes in a bowl for 15 minutes.
- Then toss everything in a nonstick skillet and cook on medium-high heat for two minutes. Set aside on a large plate.
- Cook the carrots, garlic, red onion slices and snow peas on the same skillet until they are crisp, yet still soft and tender.
- Set them aside on the same plate as the shrimp.
- Scramble the eggs on the skillet and place on the same plate as the shrimp and vegetables.
- Place the rice back on the skillet and fry with vegetable oil until it becomes brown.
- Stir in the eggs, shrimps, and vegetables and combine with dry sake and soy sauce.
- Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- Finally, garnish the dish with scallions and serve.
Fish and Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
Ingredients: Kinmemai Better Brown, eight halves of basa fish fillet, black-eyed peas, finely chopped red onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped parsley, torn lettuces, olive oil, cumin, garlic salt, and paprika.
- First, prepare Kinmemai brown rice, then set aside.
- Create a salsa mix using the onion, parsley, and tomatoes. Set aside as well.
- Create a spice mix using cumin, garlic salt and paprika in a small bowl.
- Lay the fish fillets on the tray and rub the spice mix on both sides of the fish.
- Put half of the fillets in a nonstick skillet and cook each side for three to four minutes. Repeat with the rest of the remaining fillets. Remove and set aside.
- Warm the rice again on the same skillet and mix with black-eyed beans.
- Divide the fish fillets, rice, and salsa in bowls, and serve.
Serve these recipes during Christmas parties and have you and your friends a happy, healthy and jolly Christmas!